Job Title: House Walker - Day Shift
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effectively observes, monitors and reacts to activities in the chicken houses by walking through the houses on a regular basis. Always ensuring the required and necessary health measures for the chickens.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may apply or be assigned.
- Ensures chickens have an adequate supply of feed and water and that the lighting system is functioning properly; immediately reports any problems to supervisor.
- Operates safely and in a manner that mitigates any health risks to self, others and the livestock.
- Checks the pit area for leaks and ensures that manure stays dry.
- Monitors chicken houses for egg jams on conveyers.
- Ensures proper egg flow throughout the chicken houses.
- Sweeps and cleans the chicken houses on a daily basis.
- Safety- To ensure all safety standards are met and followed to the fullest. Must be alert at all times and use best common judgement.
- Housekeeping-To ensure the chicken houses are maintained - clean and litter free at all times… i.e. sweeping, dusting and debris removal are all mandatory parts of housekeeping.
- Security-To ensure the chicken houses are secure at all times, i.e. checking all access doors and making sure they are closed at all times.