Job Title: Manager, People & Culture Stewardship - HR Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: 3/29/2018
Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Location: Carolina Egg
Helps drive the Company’s Mission, Vision, Values and Ministry efforts. Partners with the VP, People & Culture Stewardship (HRVP), The Manager, People & Culture (HRM) will be responsible for managing all aspects of employee relations and culture development from hiring to retirement for ~180+ employees located in NC and VA. This position will be based out of our Carolina Egg location. The HRM will be a strategic member of Braswell Family Farm’s management team and will increase the business’ overall value by assisting in developing, leading, influencing and / or guiding the following processes: goal setting; talent selection; employee relations; ministry; performance management; succession planning; training & leadership development; talent assessment; health & safety programs; and compensation.
The HRM will report to the HRVP to ensure that HR best practices and continuous improvement are implemented across all lines of business, with local cultures respected each step of the way.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may apply or be assigned.
- Manages the people-development processes that ensures Braswell employees know and embrace the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the organization
- Assist in managing effective training programs to ensure a continuous improvement culture, quality, teamwork and high performance
- Administers all aspects of HR administration to include: payroll/compensation, employee benefits programs, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance
- Assist HRVP in developing organizational strategies to identify and address Human Resources issues and deficiencies within the organization
- Helping drive processes at the shop floor level to support the business by building robust performance management systems and supportive activities, workforce planning and management development programs.
- Helps manage employee relations issues, as needed, and provides conflict management training to managers in order to empower them in this area.
- Helps coach, train and counsel leaders to help them create a people- development culture in their respective departments
- At the shop floor level, helps manage the open-door policy and fosters an environment that is supportive of this
- Helps to translate strategic objectives into employee care and culture development strategies that create a source of sustainable competitive advantage for the business
- Contributes HR information, metrics, analysis and recommendations to organization
- Helps drive all of BFF’s Environment Management Systems (EMS) in an impactful manner to include: monitoring/reducing operationally-related negative effects on the environment as well as pollution prevention.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Alignment with Braswell Family Farms’ faith-based mission, vision, and values
- BA/BS degree and/or work equivalence - 5+ years as an HR Generalist with strong employee relations experience Leadership / Management & Organizational Development experience in a manufacturing / service / distribution-oriented business; experience within an agriculture/poultry-based business a plus
- Willing to travel to multiple sites in NC and VA on a regular basis to support the business
- Proven ability to challenge, motivate and partner with a leadership team to foster innovation and lead change in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Excellent communication skills
- An HR leader with a proven track record of delivering results.
- High level of personal integrity, ethics, initiative, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management and executives. Confident and capable to serve as the employee advocate with management.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, practices and legal compliance (EEOC, W/C, OSHA, etc.).
- Broad business sense as well as demonstrated HR-specific competencies.
- Strong strategic development, planning and analytical ability.
- Strong motivation to maintain a union free environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas in an easy-to-understand and engaging manner.
- Highest level of confidentiality.
- Proven ability to challenge and motivate management teams to foster innovation in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Ability to assist in goal accomplishment, effectively relating human and non-human resources to the HR processes for the corporation.
- Metric and results oriented
- Can “get into the details”, while managing them in a strategic fashion
- Creative thinker; fast on feet; proactive versus reactive
- Able to drive change throughout the organization
- Strategic and tactical mindset / approach to the business; flexible; practical
- Alliance building; non-bureaucratic
- Change leadership; hands-on; “roll up the sleeves and get it done” mentality
- Organizational capability / Developing talent
- Problem / situational analysis and solutions
- Influencing / strong communication skills
Physical Requirement/Work Environment
- Must be able to adapt to office work environments which could include cold, heat. Individual will be exposed to high noise levels.
- Data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
- Must possess the ability to work in an agricultural environment, indoors, outdoors, office, warehouse, processing, and farm production areas each varying in temperature, odor and other environment specific atmospheres
- Work Environment: Must possess the ability to work in an agricultural environment, indoors, outdoors, office, warehouse, processing, and farm production areas each varying in temperature, odor and other environment specific atmospheres.