Job Title: Night Feed Delivery Driver
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Revision Date: 1/15/2018
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Braswell Milling Company
Delivers bulk feed to swine and poultry operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may apply or be assigned.
- Operates a tractor trailer in a safe manner to deliver bulk feed to internal and external customers.
- Interacts with customers and Company supervisors
- Completes required DOT documentation (i.e. logs, pre/post trip inspections, etc.)
- Inspects vehicle on daily basis and reports any safety or mechanical problems
- Unloads bulk feed trailers
- Helps drive all of BFF’s Environment Management Systems (EMS) in an impactful manner to include: monitoring/reducing operationally-related negative effects on the environment as well as pollution prevention.
- Safety- To ensure all safety standards are met and followed to the fullest. Must be alert at all times and use best common judgment.
- Housekeeping -To ensure that all work areas are maintained - clean and litter free at all times… i.e. sweeping, dusting and debris removal are all mandatory parts of housekeeping.
- Security -To ensure that the trailer and location are secure at all times. To ensure all seals are maintained. To ensure that paperwork accurately represents delivery.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills*
- Must be able to operate electronic on-board recorders
- Must have a basic understanding of computer operations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a Commercial Drivers License and be able to pass DOT physical exam and DOT drug test
- Must have pallet jack and fork lift experience