Job Title: Truck Shop Mechanic
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Revision Date: 1/15/2018
Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Location: Braswell Milling Company
Maintains company vehicles and motorized equipment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may apply or be assigned.
- Performs preventive maintenance work on company vehicles and maintains the preventive maintenance program.
- Repairs Company vehicles and motorized equipment as required.
- Completes Repair Orders for all work done.
- Complies with all local, state and federal standards of maintenance and vehicle safety.
- Assists Shop Supervisor in maintaining and repairing shop building and surrounding grounds.
- Helps drive all of BFF’s Environment Management Systems (EMS) in an impactful manner to include: monitoring/reducing operationally-related negative effects on the environment as well as pollution prevention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Security - To ensure that the site is secure at all times, i.e. checking all access doors and making sure they are closed at all times. Question, control and report people who do not belong in immediate work area.
- Housekeeping -To ensure that all work areas are maintained - clean and litter free at all times… i.e. sweeping, dusting and debris removal are all mandatory parts of housekeeping.
- Safety- To ensure all safety standards are met and followed to the fullest. Must be alert at all times and use best common judgment.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure – using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have a basic understanding for computer operations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Brake Inspector Certification
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical exam Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must possess the ability to work in an agricultural environment, indoors, outdoors, office, warehouse, processing, and farm production areas each varying in temperature, odor and other environment specific atmospheres. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.