Whole Grain Blueberry Muffins
WHOLE GRAIN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
A "berry eggcellent" breakfast, thanks Babble for the recipe!
- Yield: 24 muffins
- Prep time: 15 min
- Bake time: 25 min
- Total time: 40 min.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup hot tap water
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt (or soy yogurt)
- 2 Braswell Family Farms eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the top of 2 standard size muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray and line with 24 paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine oats and water. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together agave nectar, sugar, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, oil, and flax meal. Add in oatmeal and dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill liners about three fourths of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center muffins comes out clean.