Cheese Grits Souffle
CHEESE GRITS SOUFFLE
Happy Grits for Breakfast Day! This cheesy souffle marries cheese, spices, eggs and grits into a delicious souffle perfect for Labor Day Brunch. Thank you Eggland's Best for the recipe!
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Total time: 50 min
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large Braswell Family Farms eggs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Smoked paprika
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter insides of six (6-ounce) ramekins; place onto baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place chicken stock and grits into 3-quart saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and grits are creamy. Remove from heat.
- Add cheeses and butter; stir until well mixed.
- Place milk and eggs into bowl; beat with whisk. Stir egg mixture into grits.
- Spoon 1/2 cup mixture into each prepared ramekin. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.