Chocolate Pudding Recipe
The Proof is in the Pudding
Check out this delicious Chocolate Pudding recipe from Add A Pinch:
This Chocolate Pudding recipe is full of creamy, rich chocolate flavor topped with clouds of meringue. Get this chocolate pudding recipe that is sure to become a family favorite.
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Meringue Recipe
- Place cocoa, sugar, flour, and salt into large saucepan. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup milk and stir until all dry ingredients are mixed well into milk. Add remaining milk and mix thoroughly.
- Heat over medium low heat until mixture begins to thicken, stirring continuously.
- Beat egg yolks. Pour small amount of chocolate mixture into egg yolks and mix thoroughly. Add egg-chocolate mixture back into pudding mixture, stirring continuously.
- Add butter and vanilla. Continue to heat until pudding is thickened.
- Pour into oven-safe bowl.
- Top with meringue and bake at 350 about 10 minutes until golden brown.