Top it Off
Delicious way to top off that tasty dessert. Recipe by Add a Pinch:
An easy Meringue Recipe filled with tips for that perfect, fluffy, meringue to top all sorts of pie recipes, puddings, and other treats. Get this perfect meringue recipe you are sure to love.
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Remove eggs from the refrigerator and separate, as they will separate best cold.
- Allow egg whites to reach room temperature to allow them to whip to their fullest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour eggs whites into a spotlessly-clean bowl.
- Whip the egg whites until they are glossy and smooth, then add the cream of tartar to help the egg whites hold their form.
- Slowly add the sugar to the egg whites.
- Spread meringue on top of pre-baked or no-bake dessert, place about 4 inches under the heat and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden.