Egg Tacos Recipe
Easy & Delicious
Serve these fun and easy tacos with your favorite toppings for the full taco treatment that kids love. Easy and delicious recipe from Get Cracking:
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ small red or green pepper, diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup diced ham
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 whole wheat or regular flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup Tex-Mex or Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In medium non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; sauté red and jalapeno peppers and garlic for 2 minutes or until softened. Add ham and chili powder; sauté 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk eggs, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in the same skillet on medium heat; add eggs and cook, stirring gently, until set but still soft, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon eggs on each tortilla, top with ham mixture, green cheese and onion. Serve with salsa and/or coriander, if desired.
- Variation: Substitute cooked black beans or your favorite beans for the ham to create a vegetarian version.
Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in a toaster oven or oven. Or wrap in a tea towel and microwave on high power for 30 seconds or until warm.