Green Eggs and Ham Omelet
Back to School Breakfast
Get your little ones excited to start the day with this fun, Dr. Suess inspired, Green Eggs and Ham omelet! Check out this fun and delicious recipe from Get Cracking:
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 8 large Braswell Family Farms eggs
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 slices ham
- Place spinach, green onion and parsley in food processor. Pulse until very finely chopped. Transfer to bowl. Add eggs, salt and pepper; whisk until combined.
- Set an 8-inch (20 cm) non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; coat well with cooking spray. Pour a quarter of egg mixture into hot skillet. As eggs set around edge of skillet, with spatula, gently push cooked portions towards center. Tilt and rotate skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow into empty spaces.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until set on the bottom but still slightly moist on top; cover half of omelet with one slice of ham. Fold unfilled half of omelet over filled half. Cook for 1 minute and then slide omelet onto plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and ham to make four omelets.
- Add thinly sliced Cheddar, Brie or crumbled goat cheese with the ham.