Christmas Sugar Cookies
A Holiday Classic
A holiday classic! Decorate with colored sugars, sprinkles, or royal icing. Thanks for the recipe, Eggland's Best!
Serves: 48 cookies
Prep time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hours 35 mins
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 Eggland's Best egg (large)
1 teaspoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla together; add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in milk.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Divide dough in half and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a floured surface to about 1/8 inch thickness and cut with your favorite cookie cutter shapes.